Class A CDL Driver
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Saf-T-Box, LP has been in the container manufacturing, modification, rental and sales business for over 20 years. We provide our customers with countless storage, housing and business options at our five convenient locations throughout Texas.
Our passion for creating custom solutions for our clients creates a relationship with each container that leaves. The jobs they serve help the community either though secure construction storage, much needed portable office space or giving business owners the opportunity to afford a trendy restaurant or retail space. That’s why we employee the most passionate and knowledgeable people in our industry!
Class A CDL Driver
The position requires the driver to be DOT qualified and a licensed CDL A driver. The driver will be operating single axle day cabs to transport storage units and offices to and from customers in the local area. Our drivers can rest assured that our trucks and trailers are new and operate only when meeting all DOT and FMCSA Regulations. Our starting wage for a Driver is $18.00 per hour plus overtime, if available. Our Drivers are all eligible for a $1,000.00 annual Safe Driver Bonus. This job is also eligible for a $1,000.00 sign on bonus.
- Complete Pre and Post Trip Safety Inspections
- Prepare delivery and pick up paperwork for customers
- Pick-up and delivery of units
- Inspect units for damage prior to removing units
- Keep vehicle clean and orderly
- Observe and follow all company, DOT regulations as well as State and local regulations
- Surveying customer’s property for obstructions and unit placement
What do we look for?
A Saf-T-Box Driver is expected to have a minimum of 3 years of recent Class A experience, a good driving record and Class A Commercial Driver License. We look for a driver that puts safety first in operating our vehicles and respects other drivers on the road. We look for a driver that will help us maintain our good FMCSA scores and keep their MVR free of moving violations and citations. It is important to find a Driver with the right skills, but also one who shares our company's mindset and our company’s culture. Mutual Respect, Teamwork, Accountability and Integrity are what you can expect when joining the Saf-T-Box, LP team.
- Valid Class A CDL issued in Texas
- Valid, Current Medical Card
- TWIC Card ability to get one within 30 days
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to understand traffic signs and signals
- Must be able to drive a Standard Transmission Truck
- No moving violations or accidents in last 36 months